Today’s post is about something I feel like everyone struggles with: productivity. If you don’t have a problem with this and you’re always productive, congratulations, I would love to meet you ;-). As I work in an office every day we always talk about this subject and I still wish I I could improve a little bit. In all honesty, some days are just better than the others regarding productivity but I’ve noticed a couple of things that have helped me to get better and I really wanted to share them with you:
1. Start your day right: I’ve learned that it’s better to take a little bit more time in the morning in stead of jumping into work right away. Setting the alarm half an hour earlier worked wonders for me and I personally have a rule to not take my phone into the bedroom. When I start working in the morning I want to make sure I’m fresh and ready.
2. The elimination process: Eliminate the things that don’t matter during your workday such as being on What’s App, thinking about your groceries etc.
3. Cut your to do list: setting unrealistic goals will always be a productivity killer! I still have a hard time with keeping my to do list to a minimum because 1) I just have a shitload of work to do every day and 2) I feel guilty if my to do list seems like I don’t work hard enough (which is absolutely stupid but I still feel this way). It will probably take a lifetime to reach a perfect to do list but I’ll keep working on it each and every day. For now I just try to be realistic.
4. Take small breaks: In stead of having one lunch break I personally feel like we work better if we take more 10 minute breaks. Drinking a little coffee, breathing in some fresh air, it can do wonders to your productivity!
5. Don’t multitask: Multitasking for me is another huge productivity killer. I’m slightly chaotic and am always working on three things at the same time which makes me not focus the way I should on all three of them. I’m currently training myself on this one and I hope I will do this automatically soon.
6. Save time e-mailing: I can get lost in writing e-mails and take so much time to write the ‘perfect e-mail’. I’ve learned that it’s so much better to answer an e-mail right away. Whenever I don’t replying to certain e-mails they become a big thing in my head and I will just postpone answering/writing them.
7. Make use of the Reward system: We’re all still little kids right? At least I know I am, so whenever I really have to get loads done I always think of a reward for myself if I finish a big project (online shopping, lots of candy, etc.) It might sound stupid but I promise it works!
8. Have an organized desk: I almost feel guilty for writing this down as I’m looking at one big mess on my desk at the moment but I work way, way better when I have a nice, organized desk. Organized house -> organized mind is what they say.
Hope these tips will help! I would LOVE to know if you have some more additions as this is something I’m always interested in and I bet my readers are too. Looking forward to reading them. Big kiss, N.
Disclaimer: header image found on Pinterest