The best kept blogger secret? We don’t always particularly show what we’re wearing the day before we post a look but often we shoot more looks we like in one day! With a busy schedule, a bipolar weather climate (thank you, Amsterdam) sometimes a girl is better safe than sorry and it’s easier to shoot two or even three looks on one day. As you can imagine these pictures don’t just ‘happen’ (well actually a lot of people imagine this and I’m quite happy about it) so one has to be prepared before shooting an outfit like a pro. These are my five biggest tips on having an efficient and successful day of shooting outfits:
1. Location scout: this is where all the fun starts. Whenever I’m in Amsterdam I always bike around the city and spot new locations. It might sound a bit weird but every time I see a cool outfit location I send myself a What’s App and share the location so I have a little reminder. Whenever I’m abroad I use Google to find cool locations or I stumble upon something fun. But before I go shooting I always make sure I know where I’m going so I don’t waste time searching for ages.
2. Outfits: another thing I’ve learned, although hard from time to time, is to get my outfits ready. I personally like to adjust my outfits to the location and to the vibe. I also try all the outfits on before I shoot to be a 100% sure it all looks good :-).
3. Take extra make-up: Being exposed to wind, sunlight or rain can be a little damaging to your look so I always take some make-up with me. Also, sometimes you’d like to change it up a little bit and add red lipstick to an outfit and have a nude lip with the other. I also always take a hairbrush :-).
4. Charge battery: another one that sounds super obvious but I still have to remind myself of: always fully charge your battery. I have two batteries that I always take when I’m traveling so I always have a fully charged one when things get super busy or hectic.
5. Clear memory card: the amount of times I had to manually delete my pictures because of a full memory card are a bit shameful. So before we do a day full of shooting I always completely empty my memory card so I’ll be sure I have a lot of space for new content!
I hope this helped guys and I would love to know if you guys have any additions to this list! Big kiss, N.
Disclaimer: header picture found on Pinterest