Hello! I’ve been doing some posts where I share some of my tips and tricks for a couple of weeks now and I didn’t plan to but they tend to go online every Wednesday! So hey, today it’s Wednesday and I have another article in store with tips for you. I always try to pick a subject of something that’s currently relevant in my life because I always think, if I struggle with this or think about this, other people might do this too. So today I want to give you all some tips on how to stay motivated at your work.
I’ve worked at so many different jobs and I think no matter what job you do, you always go through a phase where it’s harder to stay focused and motivated. Even now that I’m blogging, which is a hobby that turned into a job, I have to find focus and motivation from time to time. So here we go, my ultimate list to stay motivated is as follows:
1. Work towards a goal and remind yourself of that goal. I always write down where I want to go and how my current situation is adjusting to that goal and the bigger picture. I have a little notebook where I write down some goals every 4 weeks. Ever since I started doing this, I always reached my goals, even though they seemed crazy at the time. It’s so important to have your mind set to something.
2. Try to be the best at what you do. I can’t say it enough, do everything you do with passion or don’t do it. I feel like there are so many people who do things for the wrong reason. Sure, I understand we all have to work and some jobs just aren’t fun. I worked as an accounting clerk at a city council hall for a while, which sucked. But I still tried to seek for a challenge in that job and always reminded myself of the fun parts (which in this job was the moment I left the office but hey it made me appreciate home more). Even if you don’t like a job, be thankful for that experience because it pushes you more into a direction you do want to go.
3. Decorate your desk. I always put fun stuff to look at on my desk so I get excited to go to the office and start working. If you have a pretty surrounding, you’ll most likely get more motivated. Try to make a nice moodboard or put fresh flowers next to your computer.
4. Give yourself breaks. It’s impossible to be 100% focused all the time. No matter how crazy your schedule is, try to give yourself a break, even if it’s just 10 minutes. You will probably be twice as productive after! The best thing to do of course is to go outside and have a breath of fresh air (note to self ;)).
5. Caffeine. Well because of the obvious. I can’t tell you how many traveling days or working days I have to go through with two hours or zero sleep. It looks so glamorous all the traveling but let me tell you, sometimes it’s anything but glam. Starbucks and I have become really close. On days without sleep a little shot of espresso can just do the trick and keeps me motivated to push through the day.
6. Think of what you’ve accomplished and enjoy it. This is something I have to work on and do more. It’s so important to have time of reflection and literally list the things you’ve accomplished to feel satisfied (and of course to stay motivated). Work shouldn’t always be about the daily race of to do lists and keeping up with everything. Make a list with everything you’ve accomplished you’re proud of and I guarantee you will feel better about your work! I’m going to do this right now!
Hope you enjoyed this post and any requests for future articles in this genre are more more more than welcome! Big kiss, N.
Images via Pinterest