Hey guys! Happy Sunday! I can finally tell you all about my trip to Berlin I took on with Tips2Go for Samsonite a little over a week ago. I’m always looking for hotspots so I thought it would be cool to share a full on article with tips on where to go to while showing you my traditional outfit pictures!
1. Of course the first must see in Berlin is the Brandenburger Tor. Probably the most iconic landmark in Europe that we all know from the postcards. During my travels I always try to visit touristy places early in the morning so you have more space to see it and are not competing with other tourists to take the best shots :-).
2. Another impressive thing I wanted to see is Checkpoint Charlie. Checkpoint Charlie was a crossing point in the Berlin Wall between East and West Berlin during the Cold War, where it today is still a symbol for. Hope you don’t mind these FYI’s as I like to teach a little history here and there, haha.
3. This day we also had to make sure to get our food fix in and the first way to break up the day was a little stop at Princess Cheesecake. If I say Instagram heaven you know I’m not lying. So many cute yummy cakes!
4. Another great thing we did was a lunch at District Mot, a very funky place which serves Vietnamese street food! I usually don’t eat Vietnamese but through many recommendations I decided to try this place and the food was delicious!
5. After browsing all the cultural spots it was time for a bit of shopping. I got suggested to visit Bikini Berlin for all the cool shops so of course had to check it out myself. It’s a great concept where you can find cool new pop up stores but also more known brands like Ganni. And a plus of Bikini Berlin is that it’s situated next to the Monkey Bar where you have a panoramic bar and gorgeous views over the city! The perfect spot to unwind and have a nice cozy evening! Berlin to me is a city where you have a really nice balance between cultural heritage and cutting edge art and fashion. It’s a short trip from Amsterdam so I’m sure I’ll be back soon!
Are you excited to go on a city trip like this one to Berlin as well? We have a very fun giveaway on the Samsonite Tips2Go website so you all can get a head start with some fresh travel gear :-).