One quote I heard the other day really made me think and I couldn’t agree with it more: team work makes the dream work. I really feel that if you want to go places in life you have to stick together with people to move forward. One thing I like most about blogging is the wonderful people I’ve met through doing it and the friends I made over the last years. I really think we can all empower each other with what we do and inspire each other to be better. Today I wrote down 5 tips to empower other bloggers and why this is a good thing to do:
1. Be honest: as blogging is quite a new job it’s nice to get some feedback from people who do the same job as you. As bloggers we’re often working for ourselves and by ourselves. This is nice but also dangerous as you can get lost in your own little world. That’s why I really like it when other bloggers give me constructive criticism about things I do and look at my blog from their point of view. It won’t help me if everyone I met always would tell me how wonderful I am but it’s good if people give you tips on what you can improve. Never stop learning.
2. Take pictures together: I’ve worked with many photographers and friends on my blog pictures but at the end of the day I usually work the best and fastest when I go and take pictures with other bloggers (my boyfriend is the exception, he is the best photographer 🙂 As we all as bloggers kind of look for the same thing it’s easy to explain what type of pictures you want I think. Another way you help each other while doing this is that you can write each others bloglink at the photo credit so this way you promote each other on the blog and hopefully catch some of each others traffic.
3. Visit events together: When I just started blogging I thought it was a little nerve wrecking to visit events, especially because I didn’t know anybody. It’s more fun to go with other bloggers. Reach out to someone you think would be nice and see if you go together. A lot of girls think the same way as you and would love to go.
4. Shout each other out on Instagram: We all have different followings so it’s nice, especially when you’re a relatively newbie blogger, to give each other a shout out on your Instagram to introduce each other to both your followers. This way you can hopefully benefit from the different followers you have and grow your following faster. I’ve also noticed that my followers on Instagram really love it if I hang out with another blogger and if we post together. So whenever you’re hanging out with other bloggers it’s always cool to take a pictures together and post it!
5. Guest posting: Guest posting works in many ways and has so many benefits. First of all you sort of share traffic of your blogs and second it’s a nice change of posting to have someone new post content every once in a while.
What do you guys think of empowering each others as bloggers? Is this something you do? Can’t wait to hear your opinions about this.