Hi guys! Today I wanted to write an article about how you can get new traffic to your old blogposts. Sometimes I feel like we create so much content and upload so often that not everyone gets to see it all and your most amazing articles can get lost along the way in all the noise. Sometimes when you’re having off days or don’t feel like posting it’s good to get some traffic to your old posts so your followers still get some updates. Or you just want to draw some attention to an amazing post you’ve done. Here are 5 tips on how to do it:
1. Re-share on your social media: Whenever you have day with no new content or you’re just too busy to upload something it might be fun for your readers to see an update of an old post. Post some pictures of an old blogpost to Instagram and Facebook and add the link of your blogpost. It’s always fun to ask a question to your readers such as ‘Remember this post….’?
2. Refer to them in new posts: Sometimes you might write an article that is about the same subject as something you’ve done before. Always link to that article so you will get more pageviews and the older posts gets new visits!
3. Throwback Thursday: Another thing that I like to do, especially in the summer, is to do a ‘throwback thursday’ on the blog. We all gain a lot of new readers that possibly weren’t following you around the time of some of your old posts so it’s always good completely reposts your favorite posts. I did this last August and I was surprised by the amount of people that hadn’t seen the original content yet!
4. Add a popular post widget to your sidebar: I haven’t done this one yet but I’m looking into the widgets right now! There are many widgest that show your most popular posts in the sidebar. This way the posts get more clicks as they’re always on your main post. Some of my most read articles are a bit older and I’m sure many of you haven’t read them yet!
5. Improve your SEO: In my first year of blogging I never used SEO and I’m sure many of you didn’t do this when started out blogging. I’m still not a SEO star but am starting to work on it. It’s very good to improve the SEO on your older articles so they can be more accurate for Google. Think of adding keywords, improving SEO titles etc.
I hope this helped and you enjoyed reading this post! How do you guys feel about this subject? Do you have old blog posts that still draw in a lot of traffic? Let me know!