The other day I was talking with one of my best friends Tamara and she was saying how many people always tell her ‘You’re always working, do you still have a personal life’? and we kind of we’re discussing this matter. Now especially if you’re a blogger yourself, you know how life consuming this hobby or job, whatever it is for you, can be. To stay in balance I’ve put together 5 tips that I think work to keep a healthy work and personal life balance:
1. Let go of perfectionism: The first thing to do to balance your work life with your personal life, and that’s probably the goal for you as you’re reading this, is to let go of perfectionism. So many of us are perfectionists, yours truly included, which can lead to a complete wrong balance between work and private life. I still struggle with this but I really have learned in 2015 that perfectionism is not always the way to go and to let go. Simply because I’m a real person, sharing her real life. I’m not a magazine, not do I want to be one. You guys usually like it more when things aren’t perfect so letting that part go as a first step is good. Not saying that you shouldn’t work hard of put an extra effort into the things you’re passionate about but there is a fine line.
2. Delete your e-mail off your phone: You might get a little heart attack from just this thought but in times where I’ve felt like the balance between my personal life and blog life is going in the wrong direction I temporarily delete my e-mail off my phone so that when I’m on the go, or out with friends and family, I can fully enjoy myself and don’t get stressed by the incoming buzz. Don’t forget the fact that when you take the time to actually answers e-mails on your computer you’re usually doing a better job in general.
3. Don’t talk work with your partner: I know there are many bloggers that are running their blogs with their partner fulltime but in my case, I always love that when I come home from any work activity I can focus and talk about something else than the blog, mostly because I myself am the main subject of the blog and it creates a weird relation to always talk about that. For me this is also where the balance between work and a personal life can easily fall of the tracks. Of course when you’re self employed or an entrepreneur you take your work ‘home’ more often as they say so keep an eye on this matter.
4. Rethink your errands: This is also something I learned this year as I tended to lost the balance from time to time. Think about what errands you do that need to be done but could also be done by someone else. Could you order your groceries online and have them delivered? Hire a kid down the street to mow your lawn? Have your dry cleaning picked up and dropped off at your home or office? Order your stamps online so you don’t have to go to the post office? Even if you’re on a tight budget, you may discover that the time you’ll save will make it worth it.
5. Getting organized: Another thing that can help with putting your life in balance is being organized, living in an organized house. They always say an organized desk gives an organized mind and when you’re trying to don’t go crazy working this is something that helps. As I haven’t been traveling as much the last weeks I got quite organized which really gives me a comforable feeling.
I hope these tips are helpful for some of you! If you have any additions please let me know! Hugs!
Image source: Beautyheaven